Monday, March 19, 2007

I am going to be using the local Doyle loft for building my sails. theyh are keen to take a crack at getting the class's business and I think that competition between lofts should be beneficial for us all over time. Now the question arises with respect to sail shape/type. My question for Alan and Anthony is, are you making progress on building a polar diagram? If not have you asked Don Martin for one?

Second question to Alan and the rest of the owners. What head sails are you using at what angle and wind speed ?

Sailing out west I expect that you have lots of info in the 8-10 knot wind range, but what are using at 15K? What do you think would be useful?

1 comment:

Star said...

Brian,

I am also planning on using the Doyle loft in San Francisco. Did you ever get some sail specs so that I can give them to Rusty.